Monday, March 11, 2013

Sing Out!

Have you heard Sean Lennon's new song about fracking?  He's certainly following a great tradition of protest and environmental songwriters!  Think of all those singers, beginning with Woody Guthrie, who focused their pipes on the good Earth!  I grew up with Pete Seeger's Clearwater sailing on the Hudson and his songs still ring out!  Take a listen to Garbage.    My Earth Day playlist also includes his song My Dirty Stream. Kudos to Sean Lennon for joining in!

Hey, want to read more about Woody Guthrie?  Read Elizabeth Partridge's book, This Land Was Made For You And Me: The Life and Songs of Woody Guthrie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth Day 2024

  As a naturalist, environmental educator, and journalist, I can't avoid celebrating Earth Day's purpose and mission. I appreciate t...