Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Real or Imagined?

I just finished reading Kelly Milner Hall's In Search of Sasquatch.  I must confess, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about unknown, mythic creatures like Bigfoot.  The only aliens I spend time thinking about are on The Neighbors.  And I've never desired to go to Scotland to search for the Loch Ness Monster.  That said, Kelly's book was fascinating.  Who knew there was such a thing as cryptozoology to study creatures not recognized by traditional science?  The more I read, the more intrigued I became.  I started to remember my fascination with giant squids when I worked on my book Oceans.  At one point they also fell under the cryptid category.  Now we know they are real.  Perhaps some day we'll know Sasquatch is also real.

In Search of Sasquatch is well-researched, as are all of Hall's nonfiction tittles.  Readers are not guaranteed to become believers in the Sasquatch theory, but they certainly will look at the "myth" with the eyes of a scientist in the future.  Well presented and a great book for discussion!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Galapagos Books and News

      Visiting the Galapagos Islands to research Back from the Brink was one of my favorite research trips. When I was a budding naturalist...