Friday, April 27, 2018

One Day Until BACK FROM THE BRINK Launch

One more day. As I type I hear the Les Miserable music in my head. Tomorrow's celebration is the culmination of years of research and writing, but actually a beginning, because a launch is just that -- the book is beginning its journey into classrooms, libraries, and bookshelves -- into the hands of my readers.



I spoke about the the creation of BACK FROM THE BRINK earlier this month and shared lots of the photos I took during the research phase, but tomorrow I'm going to do something a little different at Oblong Books & Music. I'm going to show behind-the-scenes photos. These aren't the photos you are likely to see in a blog or school visit, although one or two might pop up. These are the photos of the back story. The photos taken during the research, for me only, that show another side of publication, often gritty, fun, and thoughtful.

Oh, like all great book launches there will be yummy treats and also a fun activity. I hope you'll join me on this special #IndieBookstoreDay to celebrate how we can all make a difference for endangered species!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galapagos Books and News

      Visiting the Galapagos Islands to research Back from the Brink was one of my favorite research trips. When I was a budding naturalist...