Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Blast from the Past - Climate Change Prediction

I just came across a quote that I wrote down from the New York Times that ran on August 8, 2009.

"The changing global climate will pose profound strategic challenges to the United States in coming decades, raising the prospect of military intervention to deal with the effects of violent storms, drought, mass migration, and pandemics, military and intelligence analysts say." 


It is now March 21, 2018. Nine years later and we have the agreement of every nation in the world (except the US) on climate change.  I am thankful for the states that have kept their Paris Accord commitment. If our federal government will not help us, then we must help ourselves. 

We can all make a difference when if work together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Galapagos Books and News

      Visiting the Galapagos Islands to research Back from the Brink was one of my favorite research trips. When I was a budding naturalist...