Tuesday, January 23, 2018

I HEART Sharks!

I happen to like sharks. Sorry, President Trump, I don't believe they should all die. And for that reason, I'd like to share a new, favorite book about sharks with you all -- SMART ABOUT SHARKS, by Owen Davey.






Not only does this book have a fun, retro-styled cover, it is wonderful to hold. It's cloth over cardboard, like many vintage titles. That's where the old-style nonfiction style ends.

Turn the pages and you'll see what I mean.




The text is kid-friendly, fun, and informative -- exactly what we love in current nonfiction titles. 


Check out this page all about shark teeth. It's so much fun that I wish I had written it myself.

Most of us know how important sharks are to our ocean ecosystem. This book reiterates that and goes above and beyond telling us how amazing they are as well.

Perhaps we need to get a copy off to the White House?

To donate on behalf of shark conservation: Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth Day 2024

  As a naturalist, environmental educator, and journalist, I can't avoid celebrating Earth Day's purpose and mission. I appreciate t...