Monday, December 4, 2017

November - Jam Packed with Work and Fun

WOW, it's December and I realized that I totally missed all my blogging dates for November. So, here is my explanation.
As Regional Advisor for the SCBWI Eastern NY Region, I plan an amazing retreat every year in NOVEMBER. This year was the 10th anniversary! Whaaaat? Those ten years have flown by, so we celebrated with a big birthday bash retreat. It was inspiring. The faculty was amazing -- Hilary Van Dusen, Grace Kendall, Rotem Moscovich, Katherine Jacobs, Kendra Levin, and Jennifer Laughran.  You're jealous, aren't you? Well, if you are a writer, you should be! LOL Don't worry, we'll host another wonderful retreat next year.

Those are all book covers from our retreat attendees! 

Loved hosting this group! Fabulous Faculty!


So, after that wonderful weekend, I drove down to Washington, DC for the Green Earth Book Award celebration. I was so honored to have THE STORY OF SEEDS receive the award for YA Nonfiction! This was truly a highlight of my career. And what made it even more special was the school visit that accompanied the celebration and the talented authors I met, who also received the award for their middle grade titles.



Check out books by Maris Wicks and Mary Knight! 




Lastly, I presented at NCTE -- more writer friends, lots of wonderful teachers, and days filled with inspiration and hope.


Great fun presenting with Sarah Albee and Jennifer Swanson. Thanks to Teresa Bunner for moderating! 


Along the way there were national park visits, rib dinners, blues music, cupcakes, champagne and lots of friends! (Followed by Thanksgiving!)






And now it is DECEMBER! 
SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Earth Day 2024

  As a naturalist, environmental educator, and journalist, I can't avoid celebrating Earth Day's purpose and mission. I appreciate t...