Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Visit to The Bennington Free Library


Authors love to visit book shops. That's a given. But we also love visiting libraries. In fact, nonfiction authors LIVE in libraries. We are always visiting libraries for our research. That said, I thought I'd share some fun library visits with you, my readers! These libraries are unique and special for many different reasons. The first one I am highlighting is the Bennington Free Library in the lovely town of Bennington, Vermont.






I kew this was going to be a special place as soon as I approached the door. 

A library cat! YAY! I couldn't wait to enter and say hello to Pete! 



Pete was pretty busy making the rounds through the library while I was there doing some research, so I didn't disturb him. 


I did spend some time chatting with the librarian at the desk in the children's room. WOW! What a great space with a great collection, including a fantastic STEM display and activities. 




Check back as I post other wonderful library visits from around the country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Galapagos Books and News

      Visiting the Galapagos Islands to research Back from the Brink was one of my favorite research trips. When I was a budding naturalist...