Friday, June 13, 2014

Community Garden - Reads and Weeds

I love my plot in our community garden!

Everything is doing well. The kale and swiss chard have taken hold and are loving the weather. The tomatoes are flowering. And my squash is spreading.  Along with all that growth came a new batch of weeds. Since this garden was left untended last year it needs a little extra loving this season.

Weeds compete with your plants for nutrients and water.  I've been hand-pulling pretty regularly to keep it clean. I will need to get back on it soon since we've had a rainy week.

In between the rain and the weeding there's always reading! Here are some of my favorite garden reads for kids.
Sharon Lovejoy's classic! 

Miss Maple's Seeds

A Seed is Sleepy



And be sure to check out Jane Goodall's Roots and Shoots Organization for some great community projects. 


1 comment:

  1. There is no other medication that can cure herpes and other STDs, or STIs, permanently, i have come to find out that herbal medication is the only form of medication that has cured herpes successfully, i was once tested positive of herpes but herbal medicine i got from Dr Ofua Ofure help me to get rid of herpes totally, now am free from herpes virus permanatly. contact dr ofua ofure thegreatherbalhealinghome@gmail.com to know more about his herbal healing products.
    https://dr-ofua-ofure-herbal-healing-home.business.site or call/whastapp +2347059497969

    ReplyDelete

Earth Day 2024

  As a naturalist, environmental educator, and journalist, I can't avoid celebrating Earth Day's purpose and mission. I appreciate t...