Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Year in Review

As 2012 draws to a close I can't help but look back at my reading journal and take note of the books on my list.  I began the year with the challenge of reading one nonfiction picture book per week.  The year started out strong, but when I started researching and writing my own nonfiction book with an October deadline, that challenge took a back seat.  Even so, I did read more nonfiction picture books this year than last and I will bump up the pace up for 2013.

My reading list for 2012 is a mixture of picture books, both nonfiction and fiction, middle grades and novels for teens and adults.  Setting aside the books I read for research, here are some of my natural history picture book  highlights:

Thunder Birds by Jim Aronosky
Under the Snow by Melissa Stewart
The Watcher: Jane Goodall's Life with the Chimps by Jeanette Winter
Coral Reefs by Jason Chin
Butterfly Eyes… by Joyce Sidman
A Leaf Can Be by Laurie Purdie Salas
UnBEElievables by Douglas Florian
More by IC Springman



Wishing everyone a naturally wonderful New Year!  May it bring you peace, inspiration and an abundance of joy!



1 comment:

  1. So glad you like LEAF CAN BE...! Thanks for sharing it with your readers:>)

    ReplyDelete

Earth Day 2024

  As a naturalist, environmental educator, and journalist, I can't avoid celebrating Earth Day's purpose and mission. I appreciate t...